Sorry, it’s been so long…

My apologies for taking so long to update the blog. What I can say is this… initially I felt crappy (because I was finishing up the last round of my cyclophosphamide/doxorubicin) and then I felt pretty decent from the taxol.

I am gearing up for my second dose of taxol this Thursday and am ready for it. I feel soooo much better with taxol than I did with the other chemo regimen. The actual infusion is much longer than the first type of chemo. I need several premedications because there is a small but significant risk of hypersensitivity reaction. One of the medications is IV benadryl which I had never had before. I do tend to get drowsy when I take benadryl on any given occasion, but IV benadryl takes drowsiness to a new level. I just couldn’t keep my eyes open and then had a major case of restless legs. Then I was fine for a while, but after they started the infusion I just got really tired and fell asleep for about an hour and a half.

So there is not much to say. The day at the cancer center is longer than it used to be, because the drug takes longer to infuse. I am still a bit tired, but nothing like it used to be. A couple days after the infusion I get pretty intense muscle aches that last a couple days. I can take tylenol or ibuprofen, as long I check my temperature and I don’t have a fever.

My father in law has been here for about a week and a half and that has been enjoyable. My dad came up here too, for about a week. I thoroughly enjoyed being with both of them… and Finn definitely enjoyed it. My friend Michele came to visit for a few days and, oh how I have missed her, we had so much fun and Finn remembered her, even though he hadn’t seen her in almost a year.

We also had settlement on our new house. We haven’t moved in yet, will do that in about another week and a half, but had our POD unit delivered and emptied into the house/garage. We still have to have the house we are currently renting moved to the new house. Once we get ourselves moved in and settled, I’ll take pictures of the new house.

Thank you all for tuning in to see how I’m doing. The countdown is on and I can’t wait to finish chemotherapy. I meet with the surgeon next week to find out the results of my genetic testing, to determine exactly how many breasts are going to be removed, and to schedule my surgery date. I’m not looking forward to surgery, but I would like it to be done. I’m excited to move on to the next stage of my treatment.


2 thoughts on “Sorry, it’s been so long…”

  1. I have had IV Benadryl with the same results. Apparently I am pretty comical trying to stay awake.
    God Bless. I pray for you each day.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s